Many people still need clarification about chiropractic care and how it can help tremendously during injury recovery. Dr. Michael Sheps is a talented chiropractor in Los Angeles, CA, who has helped countless patients achieve full recoveries from injuries. Dr. Sheps can answer any questions about chiropractic care, how it can help you, and which treatment is right for you.
What Is Chiropractic Medicine?
Chiropractic care is a branch of medicine that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and nervous systems. For example, chiropractic care treats back pain, neck pain, headaches, and other conditions caused by injury or strain.
Chiropractic medicine is based on the principle that the body is a self-regulating, self-healing organism. The nervous system controls and coordinates all body functions, and when the nervous system is functioning correctly, the body can recover. Chiropractic care restores the proper nervous system operation by realigning the spine and other joints in the body, thereby relieving pain and improving overall health.
What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic care is an effective treatment for several musculoskeletal ailments. Chiropractic care is a safe, non-invasive, drug-free treatment option that can relieve pain and other symptoms. In addition, chiropractic care improves overall health and well-being by restoring the proper function of the nervous system.
Types of Chiropractic Treatment
Various chiropractic treatment options are available. The proper treatment depends on your specific condition. Some common types of chiropractic treatments include:
- Chiropractic Adjustment - This is the most common type of chiropractic treatment. It involves manual manipulation to realign the spine and other joints.
- Spinal Decompression - This non-surgical treatment option uses traction to stretch the spine and relieve pressure on the discs between the vertebrae.
- Rehabilitation Exercise - Exercise is often prescribed as part of a chiropractic treatment plan. Exercise can help strengthen the muscles and ligaments supporting the spine and improve range of motion and flexibility.
- Laser Therapy - This method uses a low-light laser to reduce inflammation and promote cellular growth around the area. These benefits are long-lasting and finished in a short amount of time.
- Cryotherapy - Our chiropractor will expose the skin to subzero temperatures using a hose to blow air vapor. The goal is to promote more cellular survival to heal tissue damage and reduce pain.
Experience Chiropractic Care Today
Call Dr. Sheps office to schedule an appointment and experience the benefits of chiropractic care for yourself! We'll be here to help you on your recovery journey and live a pain-free life! Call our office today at (310) 873-4422 to schedule an appointment.